About Colon Hydrotherapy
We are all exposed to thousands of toxins and chemicals on a daily basis at work, in the home, through the air we breathe, our food and water supply, and through the use of pharmaceutical drugs. In addition, we are eating more sugar and processed foods than ever before in human history and regularly abuse our bodies with various stimulants and sedatives.
Colon hydrotherapy is a safe, effective method of removing waste from the large intestine, without the use of drugs. By introducing filtered and temperature regulated water into the colon, the waste is softened and loosened, resulting in evacuation through natural peristalsis. This process is repeated a few times during a session. Colon hydrotherapy is best used in combination with adequate nutrient and fluid intake as well as exercise. Today’s sophisticated technology promotes both the safety and sanitation of this popular cleansing practice.
The session takes about 45 minutes, and 15 minutes of bathroom time afterwards. Once the session is completed, you are able to resume your daily routine.
What is the function of the colon?
As the last link in the digestive chain, it is the colon’s job to:
- Absorb any remaining water and electrolytes from the CHYME (the semi-fluid material that passes from the small intestines into the large intestine);
- To continue moving the waste material along its way;
- To store this waste material until it is time for it to be evacuated.
- The colon moves material through by contractions of the smooth muscles in the colon wall, a process known as PERISTALSIS.
What are the keys to colon health?
1. FIBRE: The colon works best when it has a lot of bulky material to push through. This makes the process of peristalsis easier and is the reason fibre, or roughage, is an essential ingredient in our diets. When there is sufficient fibre present in our everyday diets, the colon isn’t stressed and the material moves through faster and easier. Fibre also absorbs harmful fats and toxins that can contribute to colon cancer and helps eliminate them from the body.
2. WATER: Along with fibre, water is necessary to keep the stool soft so it can move through easier. Also, when we don’t drink enough water, the mucus lining in the colon changes in consistency failing to provide a slick surface for the movement of the material.
3. PROPER DIET: A proper diet should consist mostly of fruits, vegetables, and whole grains and cereals. These supply us with fibre as well as the vitamins and minerals needed to keep the colon and the rest of the body healthy.
4. EXERCISE: Exercise stimulates the colon and increases peristalsis. A sedentary lifestyle and improper diet are common causes of constipation and other colon problems.
5. REDUCE STRESS: When we are under stress, the entire digestive system tends to shut down. As a result, peristalsis slows down.
6. FRIENDLY BACTERIA: Beneficial bacteria in our colons, or FLORA as they are sometimes called, perform some very important functions. These bacteria break down some of the materials that we can’t digest and produce some important vitamins (some of the B vitamins and vitamin K – essential for blood clotting). We can them absorb these vitamins along with the water and electrolytes into our bloodstream. These beneficial bacteria are also necessary to keep the potentially harmful bacteria, such as E. Coli, in check and to prevent yeast or candida overgrowth.
The normal colon contains about 70% or more of the beneficial bacteria, and about 30% or less of the harmful bacteria. Most of us have 70% or more of the harmful bacteria and 30% or less of the beneficial bacteria – just the opposite of what is required for optimal health. The chief reasons:
a) Improper diet
b) Drug use – especially antibiotics
What is a colonic irrigation?
Cleansing the colon is as old as man’s civilization. Originally it was accomplished by squatting in a stream and drawing water up into the colon, then expelling it. In ancient Egypt a ram’s horn or gourd was hollowed out and utilized as the first primitive colonic irrigation machine. Later, enema pots and plant reeds were used. Sophisticated colonic irrigation equipment’s were perfected at the turn of the 20th century. It’s a safe effective method for cleansing the colon of waste material by repeated, gentle flushing with water. As much as 20-35 gallons of filtered water is used to gently flush the colon.
Why have a colonic?
Waste material (impacted feces, dead cellular tissue, mucous, parasites, worms, etc.) especially that which has remained in the colon for some time, pose several problems. This material is quite toxic and can re-enter and circulate in the bloodstream making one feel ill, tired or weak. These impacted materials impair the colon’s ability to assimilate minerals and bacteria-produced vitamins, and finally a build up of this material on the colon wall can inhibit muscular action causing sluggish bowel movements, constipation and the result of these disorders.
How can I tell if I have toxic material in my colon?
Common signs include headaches, backaches, constipation, fatigue, bad breath, body odour, irritability, confusion, skin blemishes, abdominal gas, bloating, diarrhoea and sciatic pain. Constipation is one of what may be termed civilized man’s diseases. Often because the colon has been sluggish for so long, it becomes severely weakened due to being constantly bathed in toxic waste, stretched from holding excessive stool and frequently constricted by chronic tension in the colon. Toxic material is also found throughout the body, but colonics effectively eliminate large quantities of toxic waste, affecting the condition of the entire body.
Why not enemas, suppositories or laxatives, instead of colonics?
Enemas and suppositories are useful for emptying the rectum, the lowest 8 – 12 inches of the colon. Herbal laxatives are formulated for constipation, but the Rolls Royce of colon cleansing is the colonic irrigation.
What will colonics do to the colon?
- Cleanses the colon – toxic material is broken down and debris built up over a long period is gently, but surely removed in the process of a series of irrigations. Once impacted material is removed, your colon can again begin to cooperate as it was meant to. A colonic is a rejuvenation treatment.
- Exercises the colon muscles – the build up of toxic debris weaken the colon and impair its functions. The gentle filling and emptying of the colon improves peristaltic activity by which the colon naturally moves material.
- Reshapes the colon – when problem conditions exist in the colon, they tend to alter the colon’s shape, which in turn causes more problems. The gently action of the water, coupled with the massage techniques of the Colon Therapist, helps to eliminate bulging pockets of water and narrowed, spastic constrictions finally, enabling the colon to resume its natural state.
- Stimulates reflex points – every system and organ of the body is connected to the colon by reflex points. A colonic irrigation stimulates these points, affecting the corresponding body parts in a beneficial way.
Are colonics painful?
Sometimes during a colonic, the colon muscles will contract expelling considerable amount of liquid and waste into the rectum. This may feel like cramping or gas, and may create a feeling of urgency to empty the rectum. Such episodes are brief and easily tolerated. Most people are especially pleased with the unaccustomed sensation of feeling lighter, clean and clear afterwards.
Is it embarrassing to get a colonic?
No. You will fully maintain your personal dignity. You will be in a private room with only your therapist, who fully appreciates the sensitivity of the colonic procedure and will help you feel at ease. Your emotions will be acknowledged and honoured. After a gentle insertion of a tube into the rectum, you are completely covered. The mess and odour sometimes present during an enema simply does not exist with a colonic.
What about after colonics?
For some, you will probably feel lighter and enjoy a greater sense of well being, and any normal activity is fine to do afterwards. For some, the colonic may trigger several subsequent bowel movements for the next few hours; it is also possible you may feel light-headed or chilled for a few minutes following a colonic. For many who have a sluggish colon, it may take days for bowel movements to return after a good colonic. One good colonic is worth 20 – 30 regular bowel movements, so it may take some time for fecal matter to build up in the colon once again. This is not due to the colonic, but rather to the weakness of the colon and should be interpreted as an indication the colon requires strengthening and healing. Loose bowels maybe experienced, this could be due to the extra water introduced into the colon or to the stirring up of toxic waste. This is usually of very short duration. However, if severe diarrhoea dehydrates the body, it must be carefully monitored.
Will one colonic completely empty the colon?
Almost never! Many of us have considerable amount of impacted feces in our colon. Substantial work must be done to remove it. As you become more aware of what is going on in your abdomen, your body learns to allow the cleansing experience and you are better able to release more material. The colon probably will never be completely empty, as it is an organ in continuous use. As more of the old, impacted material is released, you will actually feel the water enter high regions of the colon without any sense of obstruction. The objective is not an empty colon, but a well functioning colon. One colonic will remove some of the stagnant waste in the colon, the 2nd and subsequent colonics will remove more.
How many colonics does one need?
It depends on your objective. If it is to quickly recover from the flu or lower a fever or eliminate a lower backache, very possibly one or two colonics may be all that is needed. However, if your objective is to overcome a life-long habit of constipation, to detox and to learn to create multiple daily bowel movements, and to achieve vital health, you may require a series of colonics in addition to possible dietary changes, and exercise. Many colon therapists believe that to obtain results of a lasting benefit, a series of colonics must be undertaken.
Are colonics dangerous in any way?
There is virtually no danger with a colonic. Extra care is taken with an elderly person who is severely constipated, but will not be performed on a pregnant woman, a person with currently active ulcerative, colitis or following recent colon surgery.
What should you look for in a therapist?
Since having a colonic is an intimate experience and is involved with emotional and mental releases as well as physical healing, you will do best with someone with whom you can develop a good rapport, and in who environment you feel safe, comfortable and relaxed.
What should I expect for my first colonic irrigation?
You will be asked certain medical and health questions. Abdominal massage will be given. Instructions will be given as to how to lie on the table while gentle insertion if the rectal tube is established. Filling and flushing of water into and out of the colon is the next process. Waste material can be viewed by the patient in the tube. Cleansing the colon lasts approx. 30 – 45 minutes. When completed, gentle withdrawal of the rectal tube and a visit to the bathroom! You can then resume your normal daily activities.
Coffee Enemas are introduced into the colon to heal the body of toxins related to chemicals absorbed into our bodies through our food, prescribed drugs and also recreational drugs. It also helps to detoxify the liver and the colon. Drinking coffee has some of the same effects as the coffee enema. It is a diuretic and can help with constipation. The enema washes out the colon, removing toxic substances, and often nests of parasites, bacteria, yeast colonies, and other debris.
Enemas also stimulate the colon slightly by dilating it a little. It also increases peristalsis and cause the colon to become active, emptying its contents more completely.
Repeated enemas, especially accompanied by colon massage, helps remove impacted feces and food residues, which is common. Certain food items, especially white, refined flour, can turn hard in the colon and stick to its walls.
Far Infrared Portable Sauna
Far Infrared light is the part of the sun’s invisible spectrum. It is the part of sunlight that we experience as deep penetrating heat. It does not burn the surface of the skin. The light spectrum consists of x-ray, ultraviolet, visible light, infrared, far infrared, microwave, and electric waves. Infrared energy is never a visible light.
X Rays, Ultra Violet, Visible Light, Infrared Ray, Microwaves are natural energy with distinctive wavelengths. For instance, the wavelength from 0.4~0.76 microns is visible light. 0.76 to 1000 microns is Infrared Ray. The border between Near Infrared and
Far Infrared is 4 microns. Humans cannot see Far Infrared rays of light. Any object with temperature contains far infrared rays. Every object in the world has temperature and therefore has thermal energy and emits a distinctive wavelength. Night vision cameras measure thermal, infrared energy.
How does Far Infrared Energy benefit the body?
- As the body absorbs far infrared energy that is 4 to 14 cm, an energetic resonance is established within the cells of the body, circulation is improved carrying oxygen more efficiently causing blood vessels to relax and circulation to improve.
- As the body absorbs the vital energy of life, metabolism improves, facilitating detoxification at a cellular level. When the circulation system is improved, the waste from metabolism will leave the body more efficiently, reducing the burden on the liver and kidney and other body systems.
- As the body absorbs far infrared energy and circulation improves the acid/alkaline balance in the body improves reducing inflammation and pain.
- As the body begins to sweat in a far infrared sauna elimination of toxins happens more quickly, purifying the blood, improving skin tone, burning stored fat and reducing inflammation.
IonSpa® Footbath Cleanse
A holistic way of helping the body with the detoxification process. The IonSpa can help to:
- Reduce pain.
- Relieve tension.
- Help with weight loss.
- Remove heavy metals from the body.
- Headache relief.
- Rejuvenates and energizes.
- Increases oxygen in your body.
- Improves sleep. Reduces inflammation.
- Helps clear up bad skin.
- Deactivates viruses, bacteria, yeast and fungus.
Start detoxing today, the easy way – no pills or juices. Amazing results with each session.
Packages are available.
Cancellation and ‘No Show’ Policy:
A 24 hour notice must be provided for cancellations. Any cancellation within 24 hours of your appointment, regardless of the reason, will result a “Missed Appointment Fee”. If the service is part of a package or prepaid, it will be forfeited.